vegan, nutritious and delicious 2-ingredient red lentil bread with optional spices
This delicious red lentil bread is made with just water and lentils and optional spices. it takes a short amount of time to bake and cool.
- 200gr (1 cup) red lentil
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- salt, pepper, cumin, ground paprika, ground turmeric and garlic powder as much or little as you desire
- cover a 23cm/9 inch pan with baking paper
- preheat your oven to 180°C/ 350°F
- soak the lentils in hot water for 10 minutes
- transfer to the food processor bowl adding 125ml (1/2 cup) water and the spices
- run the food processor and mix until you end up with a paste
- pour in the paste to the prepared pan
- bake for 20 minutes
- serve with pesto, hummus, arugula, bread-spread or even dip it in plain yoghurt
This bread is so filling. It tides me over for half the day. I always make a batch and it keeps it for a few days in the fridge or squirrel them in the freezer. When needed, I just pop it into the microwave to defrost.