This humble and straightforward pumpkin cake recipe is for those who love the taste of pumpkin and all those autumn spices.
- 350g (2 1⁄3 cups) raw coarsely grated pumpkin
- 250g (2 cups) plain flour
- 4 eggs
- 8g (2 tsp) baking powder
- 200g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 180ml (3⁄4 cup) vegetable oil
- a pinch of salt
- 60g chopped walnuts
- 2g (1 tbsp) ground cardamom
- 6g (1 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 2g (1 tbsp) ground nutmeg
- 2g (1 tbsp) ground clove
- grease a 23cm cake tin with baking spray or line it with baking paper
- preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F
- mix the dry ingredients in a bowl
- gently fold the grated pumpkin and walnuts in the dry ingredients
- beat the eggs and the sugar with an electric mixer until pale and thick
- mixer still on, drizzle in the oil and gradually add the carrot mixture
- this will only take a couple of minutes
- pour the batter and spread evenly into the prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean
- set aside for an hour to cool.
If you wish to organise a casual luncheon, a business gathering or a joyfull wedding in Belgium or The Netherlands, please take a look at the catering options and contact me to see how we can turn your event into a memorable happening.You can find many recipes on the website. Most recipes use Persian cooking essentials like indigenous herbs, spices, nuts and fruits. You can also find 50 recipes in my cookbook.Join others and learn how to cook and bake a four-course Persian meal. All workshops are held in Belgium or The Netherlands and participants get a €5 discount on my cookbook.All 50 recipes in my cookbook have 5 major ingredients, carefully chosen to respect the original dishes on which they are based. You can easily order my cookbook on several marketplaces or come pick it up. Participants to a workshop get a €5 discount.Many cities in Iran are on the UNESCO heritage list. Read some culinary travel stories on how I experience my country or learn more about its culture and history.My professional approach of food photography makes your recipes and food products shine in cookbooks, product packaging, online use, catalog or menus.Just follow me on Instagram to view my latest updates. In case of any questions or reservations please do not hesitate contacting me by filling in the form.