These biscuits are a speciality of the beautiful city of Tabriz, located in the northwest of Iran known for its intricate rugs and tapestries. The people of Tabriz are highly hospitable, hosting colourful and elaborate banquets comprising copious portions of kebabs, jams, and these delicious biscuits.
- 170g (1 3⁄4 cups) ground almonds
- 3 large egg whites
- 2g (1⁄2 tsp) vanilla sugar
- 2g (1⁄2 tsp) ground cardamom
- 75g (1⁄2 cup) shelled pistachios
- 200g (1 cup) caster sugar
- preheat oven to 180°C/356°F
- place all ingredients except for the pistachios into a food processor
- blitz into a thick batter
- spoon the mixture into a piping bag using a plain nozzle
- pipe ten biscuits onto a parchment-lined baking tray, keeping a few cms between each biscuit to allow for spreading
- scatter with as many (or as few) pistachios as you want
- bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges start to brown
- wait for the biscuits to cool slightly before taking them off the baking tray
If you wish to organise a casual luncheon, a business gathering or a joyfull wedding in Belgium or The Netherlands, please take a look at the catering options and contact me to see how we can turn your event into a memorable happening.You can find many recipes on the website. Most recipes use Persian cooking essentials like indigenous herbs, spices, nuts and fruits. You can also find 50 recipes in my cookbook.Join others and learn how to cook and bake a four-course Persian meal. All workshops are held in Belgium or The Netherlands and participants get a €5 discount on my cookbook.All 50 recipes in my cookbook have 5 major ingredients, carefully chosen to respect the original dishes on which they are based. You can easily order my cookbook on several marketplaces or come pick it up. Participants to a workshop get a €5 discount.Many cities in Iran are on the UNESCO heritage list. Read some culinary travel stories on how I experience my country or learn more about its culture and history.My professional approach of food photography makes your recipes and food products shine in cookbooks, product packaging, online use, catalog or menus.Just follow me on Instagram to view my latest updates. In case of any questions or reservations please do not hesitate contacting me by filling in the form.