Being pregnant and constantly craving sweets, I try to push myself to at least avoid buttery and floury cakes. This cake is rather guilt-free because it doesn't have any oil/butter and flour. You can enjoy multiple pieces with your tea without feeling stuffed.
- 2 medium oranges
(boiled for 1.5-2 hours, pits removed and blitzed to a smooth paste)
- caster sugar 225g (I used both white and brown sugar)
- honey 1 tbsp
- ground almonds 300g
- six large eggs, separated
- salt 1/4 tsp
ingredients for syrup
- 2 more oranges
- honey 3 tbsp
- zest of 1 orange
- with an electric mixer, beat the egg yolks with the sugar for 5 minutes or until creamy and thick
- add the almond flour (ground almond), honey and salt
- mix thoroughly and then add the mashed orange mix
- in a clean bowl, beat the egg whites until fluffy and stiff
- gently fold the egg whites in the mixture
- be careful not to deflate the cake batter
- pour the mix into the prepared tin and bake for 30 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean
- spoon the syrup over the cake
- make some holes on the cake with a fork making sure the syrup moisturises the cake fully.
preparation of the syrup
- Juice the oranges and mix the sugar in
- put the syrup on a medium heat until the sugar dissolves
- when the cake is still hot, spoon the syrup over the cake.
If you wish to organise a casual luncheon, a business gathering or a joyfull wedding in Belgium or The Netherlands, please take a look at the catering options and contact me to see how we can turn your event into a memorable happening.You can find many recipes on the website. Most recipes use Persian cooking essentials like indigenous herbs, spices, nuts and fruits. You can also find 50 recipes in my cookbook.Join others and learn how to cook and bake a four-course Persian meal. All workshops are held in Belgium or The Netherlands and participants get a €5 discount on my cookbook.All 50 recipes in my cookbook have 5 major ingredients, carefully chosen to respect the original dishes on which they are based. You can easily order my cookbook on several marketplaces or come pick it up. Participants to a workshop get a €5 discount.Many cities in Iran are on the UNESCO heritage list. Read some culinary travel stories on how I experience my country or learn more about its culture and history.My professional approach of food photography makes your recipes and food products shine in cookbooks, product packaging, online use, catalog or menus.Just follow me on Instagram to view my latest updates. In case of any questions or reservations please do not hesitate contacting me by filling in the form.