I love drinking fresh carrot juice to keep my energy levels high throughout the day, but whenever I do, I end up with a jar of forlorn-looking dehydrated carrots. There are a number of ways to eat a grated carrot; adding them to meatballs provides softness and moisture - keeping them firm and round while they cook to perfection.
- 500g (1.1lb) minced beef
- 500g (5 cups) finely grated carrot (squeeze the juice out before weighing)
- 1 large onion, finely grated
- 7g (1 tbsp) ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper
ingredients for the sauce
- 30g (2 tbsp) tomato paste
- 5g (1 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 60ml (4 tbsp) vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- in a large bowl, mix the beef, carrot, onion, cinnamon, salt and pepper
- make sure to squeeze the juice out of the carrot or the meatballs won’t hold their shape
- shape the mixture into a large ball
- divide into five meatballs each weighing approximately 220g (7.7oz)
- set aside
preparation of the sauce
- pour the vegetable oil into a large saucepan
- add in the tomato paste, stirring well
- add a litre (4 cups) of boiling water followed by the salt, pepper and cinnamon
- when boiling gently drop the meatballs in, cover and cook for 25 minutes on a medium heat
Place the meatballs in a large dish, ladle the sauce on top and serve with warm bread.
If you wish to organise a casual luncheon, a business gathering or a joyfull wedding in Belgium or The Netherlands, please take a look at the catering options and contact me to see how we can turn your event into a memorable happening.You can find many recipes on the website. Most recipes use Persian cooking essentials like indigenous herbs, spices, nuts and fruits. You can also find 50 recipes in my cookbook.Join others and learn how to cook and bake a four-course Persian meal. All workshops are held in Belgium or The Netherlands and participants get a €5 discount on my cookbook.All 50 recipes in my cookbook have 5 major ingredients, carefully chosen to respect the original dishes on which they are based. You can easily order my cookbook on several marketplaces or come pick it up. Participants to a workshop get a €5 discount.Many cities in Iran are on the UNESCO heritage list. Read some culinary travel stories on how I experience my country or learn more about its culture and history.My professional approach of food photography makes your recipes and food products shine in cookbooks, product packaging, online use, catalog or menus.Just follow me on Instagram to view my latest updates. In case of any questions or reservations please do not hesitate contacting me by filling in the form.