Persian cutlets are a mix of vegetables and ground meat shaped into flat patties and fried in oil. They’re a great quick-fix for those days when spending hours in the kitchen just isn’t possible.
- 500g (1.1 lbs) minced beef
- 3 large carrots, finely grated and squeezed to remove any moisture
- 2 medium-sized potatoes grated and squeezed to remove any moisture
- 1 onion, finely grated
- 2g (1 tbsp) ground cinnamon
- 60ml (4 tbsp) vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- using your hands, mix all the ingredients in a large bowl until homogenous
- shape into small, flat patties
- set aside
- pour the vegetable oil into a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat
- when hot, transfer the patties into the pan and cover
- flip after 3-4 minutes and fry the other side, this time with the lid off
I like eating these cutlets with hot hot flatbreads, chips and some fried tomatoes to embrace some childhood memories. To make the chips, thinly slice the potatoes and fry them in oil on medium heat. Right before taking them out of oil add some turmeric to accentuate the yellowness of potatoes and extra Persian flavour. Sprinkle some salt and pepper. You can also serve them with a side of tomato and cucumber salad or cucumber yoghurt.
If you wish to organise a casual luncheon, a business gathering or a joyfull wedding in Belgium or The Netherlands, please take a look at the catering options and contact me to see how we can turn your event into a memorable happening.You can find many recipes on the website. Most recipes use Persian cooking essentials like indigenous herbs, spices, nuts and fruits. You can also find 50 recipes in my cookbook.Join others and learn how to cook and bake a four-course Persian meal. All workshops are held in Belgium or The Netherlands and participants get a €5 discount on my cookbook.All 50 recipes in my cookbook have 5 major ingredients, carefully chosen to respect the original dishes on which they are based. You can easily order my cookbook on several marketplaces or come pick it up. Participants to a workshop get a €5 discount.Many cities in Iran are on the UNESCO heritage list. Read some culinary travel stories on how I experience my country or learn more about its culture and history.My professional approach of food photography makes your recipes and food products shine in cookbooks, product packaging, online use, catalog or menus.Just follow me on Instagram to view my latest updates. In case of any questions or reservations please do not hesitate contacting me by filling in the form.