Zeytoon Parvardeh, which roughly translates to 'nurtured olives', is an amazing side dish from the North of Iran, where olive gardens are plentiful. People there use rare local herbs which give Zeitoon Parvardeh their unique flavour. But don’t get me wrong, mint and parsley taste great too.
- 180g (1 cup) pitted olives
- 100g (3⁄4 cup) walnuts, finely chopped
- 75ml (5 tbsp) pomegranate molasses
- 50g (1⁄2 cup) fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 50g (1⁄2 cup) fresh coriander, finely chopped
Place all the ingredients into a big bowl and mix until fully combined.